Monday, May 24, 2010

BARGELLO

BARGELLO pronounced [bahr-jel-oh] is a needlepoint term, which describes a straight stitch worked in a high and low relief pattern to form a variety of zigzag or oblique designs. The best thing is that it is no longer just for needle point.



This picture is of a sheet of paper that I made. I used Nouveau Chic DSP, but any stripped paper can be used. I used an 8 ½ x 11 Whisper White CS as a base. I then cut various size strips of the DSP, make sure to cut the strips where the stripes are on the vertical. I glued the first piece and then staggered the remaining strips to form a pattern I liked. Once I had the sheet made I trimmed the excess off of the edges and cut to fit as needed. I really like the way it turned out and the possibilities are limitless.


The first card I made using the “bargello” paper, uses Apricot Appeal, Basic Gray and Textured Sage Shadow CS. Basic Gray ink. Nouveau Chic DSP for bargello and birds wing. Little Leaves Sizzlit die, 2-step Bird Punch and Warm Words stamp set.


The second card I made uses Fifth Avenue Floral and Warm Words stamp sets, Basic Black, Apricot Appeal and Sage Shadow textured CS. Nouveau Chic DSP for bargello, Basic Black ink, Vintage Brads, Scallop Trim border punch and dimensional.


I stamped four of the rose images and cut out various levels. I used dimensional to give the rose depth.

Thanks for stopping by.
Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.