Tuesday, June 29, 2010

USE IT UP #1

#1 True Thyme
As I was looking through my cardstock I realized I had a full unopened pack of True Thyme cardstock. This was the first time I had ever been exposed to the “retiring list” and felt like I had to have even more because it would NEVER be available again. So I bought plenty. I have even given away an entire pack and still had one. I did learn from this and haven't bought huge quantities of any retiring consumable products since. I loved this color when it was available. It is such an earthy green. I pulled it out and started working. I made the following Christmas cards and showed my husband Steve. Boy did that through a wrench in the works. He told me “I really like that color.” AAAAAGGGGHHHH, now I don’t want to use it anymore. But I will make myself keep using it this week until it is mostly gone.

If you choose to participate with me, you can use anything you have as long as the primary color is True Thyme. The only other thing I ask is that if you are going to participate and post a link to your project(s), that it be Stampin Up Only (SUO).

SUPPLIES:
True Thyme cardstock & ink (retired)
Fancy Fibers “Bella” (retired)
Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain (retired)
Riding Hood Red cardstock & ink (retired but coming back 7-1-10)
Early Espresso cardstock & ink (coming 7-1-10)
Natural Ivory cardstock
Square Lattice embossing folder
Lovely as a Tree
Cardinal Christmas
Tag Punch

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Jill! Having a retiring list is hard, but you can console yourself with the new products, lol!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards and your blog!

    Found from SC and am a follower.

    Jamie
    shabbyhorse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these two Xmas cards! I've gotta get on those early this year :) I'm following you thru SC as well. I'm at www.stampinallaround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments.