Friday, June 4, 2010

Waterlillies and Dogwoods

A few weeks ago I had a “stamp play date” with my adopted up-line Sharon Field. We followed a magnolia flower tutorial by thescrapinmama. I didn’t like how mine turned out and was a bit frustrated. After pondering it for a while I thought that it looked more like a water lily than a magnolia. So I changed the color and I sponged the centers instead of the edges. I punched the required amount but after trying to do the tutorial from memory, I added fewer petals to achieve the look of a water lily. I used orange beads from the bead duo for the center.

The extra petals that I had punched were lying there and I thought that it kind of looked like a dogwood blossom. So I punched a 3/4 inch circle and added four petals. I used the orange beads again for the center. I free handed the veins of the leaves with a stylus.

I used all of the above flowers for box toppers. The dogwoods could easily used be used for a scrapbook page because it isn't as dimensional as the water lily/magnolia.

Ornament Punch #116794 (carried over)
¾ Circle Punch #107217
1 ¼ Circle Punch #104403
Regal Rose Classic Ink #105211
Old Olive 12 x 12 Cardstock #106544
Pink Pirouette 8 ½ x 11 Cardstock (returning)
Chocolate Chip 12 x 12 cardstock #107102
Bridesmaid Specialty Paper #116479 (whiles supplies last)
Orange Bead Duo #110732 (while supplies last)
Stylus #100663
Sponge Dauber #102892
Pop-Up Glue Dots #104183 (while supplies last)
Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive #110755
Sticky Strip #104294

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments.